Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Chat bot

 What is a chatbot?

A chatbot is a computer program that communicates with a human as if it were a human. It tries its best to talk like a human and gives us answers to our questions. I see Meta AI having chatbots in places like Facebook and Instagram. Snapchat even has a chatbot.  Even Chat GPT is considered one.


For June 24th, we coded a chatbot using Python. I got to see backstage the amount of detail and conditional statements required to make a chatbot. To code every possibility is just crazy how much work it is. Below Is the code that I used to make the chatbot. It just greets the user and based on their response it will respond like a human would. Now I definitely can see where bias in computing can come in. ๐Ÿ‘€


Below I added pictures of my Facebook profile and pictures of my own chatbot that I designed. Now the screenshots don't look pretty well here but you should check out my page to be taken to Chat Fuel and see my flow charts more easily. The flow charts in my chatbot all depend on the user's response. If the user wants to learn about activities to do in Tennesse ( My chatbot is centered around my parents to play with and explore.  They speak Spanish so I tailored it for them) then it will output a list of activities to do. The flowchart, a visualization image, shows how things flow. However, I do see the pitfall in using a lot of flows and ChatBot. Clutter and the risk of not having the right responses for each situation. Have you ever seen an AI model say, "Sorry I can't provide you with the answer to that." Yeah, Siri does that a lot. This was cool to play with and gave me an idea to make a business out of Chat Bots. ๐Ÿ˜œ




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Harmony of Science and Religion in the Classroom

  Imagine being in a classroom where the wonders of the world explored through science coexist harmoniously with the mysteries pondered by r...