Friday, June 7, 2024

Computational thinking part 2 June 7th

 

On June 6th, I learned how dumb Chat GPT can be. We all have relied on this AI too much for our work, but to what extent is it giving us valid information? When we read a few articles on these systems I learned that there can be a lot of bias. A computer showing bias? How? It all comes from how much data their programmers allow it to go through. What I found remarkable was that people of color especially women were not easy to detect in face scanners and this poses the question of why? If a computer can show bias, be sexist, or not give full facts should we even trust it? 

    When we went to chat gpt to summarize issues about people of color and sexism, it gave me a very generic answer and an unsure response. For example, it tells me, "It is likely that this article says..." When I do want Chatp GPT to summarize articles for me, it tells me that it does not have access to them. If I provide it with a summary of my own, I realize that it goes based off of what I said. I even told it to give me a response as if an elementary teacher were explaining it, but instead of giving me some real issues that the article was talking about, it was just sugarcoating it heavily. Overall, Chat GPT is dangerous and not as smart. We shouldn't rely heavily on it and should come up with our own responses but at the same time, it can be a tool to give us ideas. It's just how we use it. 


CODING

I've taken a regular computer science class and an AP CPS course, but this beginner activity definitely refreshed my brain and taught me something new that Java script didn't. Coding in my head is like building Legos, which I love! The lessons that I took on Code Academy were just building on to my skills and I have finished all of the modules that were required. For example, I did not know what the purpose of this equation was for, %s. I will definitely do these modules for fun now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Harmony of Science and Religion in the Classroom

  Imagine being in a classroom where the wonders of the world explored through science coexist harmoniously with the mysteries pondered by r...