Monday, June 10, 2024

Printing

June 10th, 2024

    Today we started to print and let me tell you, I did not know the complexities of printing. What I do know as background information is that it's plastic and a computer follows these patterns to make a 3d model. When we watched some videos of 3d printing jobs, I was surprised by the different kinds of materials 3d models can use. Like steel, food, plastic, and more! Food printing is crazy in my opinion.         Having to follow certain measurements so that the printing job would come out right and figuring out how to group things together was definitely new to me. For example, making objects twice as big as the nozzle, a text size of 0.5mm and above, and a maximum 45-degree angle for printing. I have had no experience with printing, so this was definitely a fun project. I used Tinkercad to do my printing since it was beginner-friendly software. I decided to do a key chain of my name, hopefully I can hang it on my backpack! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Harmony of Science and Religion in the Classroom

  Imagine being in a classroom where the wonders of the world explored through science coexist harmoniously with the mysteries pondered by r...