Sunday, June 16, 2024

Visualization and AI Overview.

 















I learned how to do a very creative Excel sheet for Stem Skills. I have had some experience with Excel but not to the extent that I make so many hyperlinks and make things so neat. The amount of work I put into this sheet alone was fulfilling and amazing. A dashboard that looks neat and easy to follow has hidden information when you click on icons. That was very cool to learn. It's like coding for code.org but in Excel. No wonder my computer science teacher loved using Excel.  This will help me impress my teachers and make my business/ presentations look clean. The reason why we need a data visualization sheet is to make things simple to look at and not so complicated. If we have the information represented as a chart, then trends can be seen better rather than just looking at a bunch of numbers without seeing the correlation. 

Titanic Simulation-

June 17th we programmed a code to predict the survival rate of women and men based on many factors like age, class, and sex. 
Survival rate for women: 74%
Survival rate for men: 18%


This is a table of the information likely taken into account. 

AI, Artificial Intelligence, is a program that collects data from various platforms to generate an automated message in a matter of seconds. We used AI for the Titanic simulation in which it would calculate the survivability of certain passengers. However, before making AI do the predictions, my group predicted that women were most likely to survive based on movie clips from the Titanic. In the movie, the workers prioritized women and children; therefore, women and children are most liekly to survive. When we used a code to see who would survive, the result came fairly close or favorable to the outcome that we predicted. It was more than 50% of the survival rate for women, meaning there could be a comfortable M.O.E (Margin of error). Knowing that AI made this code made me surprised at how fast it was able to make a decision. I believe that if we had the data then we would take more time to decide a result. If I knew how to change the code to make the percentage more stronger then I would definitely do it. 
Run time: 14.4 seconds
Best score: 77%



Overall, AI can be very impressive when it needs to calculate data and it predicted the same idea we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Harmony of Science and Religion in the Classroom

  Imagine being in a classroom where the wonders of the world explored through science coexist harmoniously with the mysteries pondered by r...